Let's talk about your privacy.
Sellix Ecommerce, Ltd, a limited company (“Sellix,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) respects the privacy concerns of our customers, the members of Sellix-powered businesses, and all users of our website, www.sellix.io, applications, and all other products and services (collectively, the “Product”).
At any given platform, trust lays the foundation for any ongoing partnership. Here at Sellix, we pride ourselves on being a platform that not only understands our customers, but being a platform that caters to our customers.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Your information is your information.
We limit our need to collect extensive amounts of information from a single user to just a handful to operate, grow, and more reliably deploy better services for you as a seller. Wherever possible, we delete or anonymize data when we no longer need it.
- We protect your information from pirates
If for whatever reason, a third party requests to view, analyze, or own any of your personal data: we instantly refuse to share it unless you give us permission or otherwise, legally obliged to do. We also will tell you in advance, unless legally prohibited to do so.
When do we collect your information?
We may collect information that you provide when using our Product, such as when you:
- Generate an account;
- Subscribe to our Product;
- Participate in events or promotions;
- Send questions or comments via email or live chat;
- Interact with our sales or customer support team;
- Purchase an item from a shop;
- Sign into Product
- Fill out surveys; or
- Otherwise communicate with us through or about our Product.
The types of personal data that you provide may include your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, credit card information, and other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide. We store, process, and maintain files and content that you create and/or upload using our Product, as well as other data related to your account in order to provide the Product to you.
We do not store any credit card information we receive except as necessary to complete and satisfy our rights and obligations with regard to such transaction, billing arrangement, and/or as otherwise authorized by you.
Why we process your information
In our mission to make digital commerce better, efficient, and safe for everyone at Sellix and beyond, we may use the personal data collected through our Product to:
- Operate and improve our Product;
- Send you advertising or promotional materials;
- Provide and deliver the Product or other services you request process transactions, and send you related information;
- Send you technical deployments, updates, security alerts, and support and organizational reports;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide you with requested customer operations;
- Monitor and evaluate trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Product;
- Secure our systems, prevent fraud, and help us to protect the security of your account;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and to enforce our terms and policies; and
- Link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Your rights with your information
We respect your decision, and with that, you have several options with the respect to your personal data as follows:
Please note that if you send us a request relating to your personal data, we have to make sure that it is you before we can respond. In order to do so, we may ask to see documentation verifying your identity, which we will discard after verification.
If you buy something from a Sellix-powered shop and wish to exercise these rights over information about your purchase, you need to directly contact the seller you interacted with.
We are only a processor on their behalf, and cannot decide how to process their information. As such, we can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.
Links to external sites
Our Product may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, such as partners, affiliates, and advertisers.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation.
Afterward, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Residents of the European Economic Area
We provide the representations and information in this section in compliance with European privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are a visitor from the European Territories (including the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal data from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests. In some cases, we may collect, and process personal data based on consent.
EU data subjects have certain rights with respect to your personal data that we collect and process. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals in the EEA wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Access, Correction, or Deletion. You may request access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal data. You can often go directly into the Service under Account Settings to take these actions.
- Objection. You may object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes and may do so using the options provided in this Policy. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Restriction. You have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Portability. You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Withdraw Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- File a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about Sellix’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
How you can reach out to us
If you would like to ask about, make a request in relation to, or complain about how we process your personal data, you can contact us by email at [email protected].
If you would like to submit a legally binding request to demand someone else’s personal data (subpoena or court order), you can contact our legal team at [email protected].
What security measures do we use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Sellix cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Do we store the personal data of children?
As noted in the Terms of Service accessible at https://www.sellix.io/terms, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us.
If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected].
We may change provisions of this Policy from time to time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy.
We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Product to make sure that you understand our practices. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with additional notice.
Your acceptance of these policies
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the website or the Product.
What if I have questions about my personal data?
Sellix Ecommerce, Ltd
Subject: [PERSONAL DATA]